Monday 21 June 2010

More reading!

I live in a house full of books. As a child, new books were a rare treat so when I grew up, got a home of my own and access to as many books as I wanted, many through charity shops, and the chance to share my love of books through Bookcrossing I went a bit mad and my home started to fill with books. I find it very difficult to let a book go without having read it, so the march to the exit route by my books is slow. With this in mind I am trying to read and pass on as many books as I can this year. I am quite pleased with the progress I am making, even though I know I will never run out of something to read!

In the last week I have read The Odessa Stone by C C Chambers (teenage fantasy, not my kind of book at all), Odd One Out by Monica McInerney (escapist chicklit, very quick read and good fun) and The Crucible by Arthur Miller. This is going to a friend at book group who said that she was looking for books connected with the Salem Witch Trials after seeing the BBC programme "Who Do You Think You Are?" with Sarah Jessica Parker as the subject. This traced back her family and found that one of her ancestors was accused of witchcraft, but escaped hanging as the law changed around the time of her arrest. Very interesting, and well worth watching.

Both The Odessa Stone and Odd One Out are toward the four month reading challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment