Saturday 22 May 2010

A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks

Landon Carter is one of the popular kids at school, plenty of friends, son of successful parentsgood home in a small town in 1950s America. Jamie Sullivan is the daughter of the local preacher, seen as a bit strange at school, more interested in charitable works at the local orphanage than hanging out with other teenagers. When they start spending time together while rehearsing for the Christmas play they become close, but all is not destined to run smoothly.

In some ways this is a predictable book, but still a delightful little read. The story is told very simply, and I found that I couldn't help feeling the characters' emotions along with them. I admit, I did have a tear in my eye at one point despite anticipating the turn events would take.

I have included this in the four month reading challenge - a book with a four word title.

No comments:

Post a Comment